Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall Break

This weekend was a great escape from school.  I was starting to feel super overwhelmed with all of the things that were going on in my classes and then the blessed fall break arrived.  I went away with my mom, aunt and cousin this weekend to Ashtabula county.  The weather was perfect for this fall weekend.  My family and I stayed in a cabin at a national park and we visited some of the covered bridges and went to a working farm.  Everything that we ate this weekend was grown fresh on the farm.  I had never had milk straight from a cow before and I will admit I was a little skeptical about it but I tried it and by the end of the weekend I loved it.  It tasted so fresh and creamy.  I wish I could drink it all the time.  The farm had so many cats and other animals.  It was so nice to go around and see all of the fresh vegetables and people really living off the land.  At the end of the weekend we drove across the Pennsylvania state line and went to a spill way which is a small section off of a lake where giant carp gather.  I had never seen anything like it.  There were so many fish and they were swimming basically on top of each other.  Overall it was a great weekend. Below is a video of the spillway! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment