Sunday, September 18, 2011

Harvest and Herb

The thing I like about small towns is all the different events that take place.  This weekend in Ada there was the annual Harvest and Herb festival.  It's the only time of the year that I see so many people in Ada.  The streets are full of booths, venders and people.  When this festival comes to town it reminds me of Gilmore Girls.  The town that the Gilmore girls live in has all these weird festivals and events all the time.  I have always wanted to live in a town like that.  Ada may not be quite that entertaining but every now and then it brings some entertaining things to town.

My roommates and I live on Mains Street so we just walked down the street to the festivities.  It was nice to see all the people out and there were so many cool things going on.  We just wandered and looked at the different crafts.  They had sand art there and I haven't done that since I was little.  I wanted to do it but ran out of time.  We did have time to get some fried pickles though. They were so delicious! If Ada is as close to living in Stars Hollow (town from Gilmore Girls) as I can get then I think I would be ok with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment